Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sometimes Life's Just Not Fair


Quick update.

Monday was supposed to be the first day of tryouts for me but with all the crazy stuff that’s happen to me lately I wasn’t really surprised when that didn’t happen. On Friday I went to a university of Portland women’s soccer game. I felt fatigued as usual, or at least the usual since mono, but also came down with other symptoms which I thought was just a cold. Come Saturday morning and I could barely get out of bed. Wasn’t the flu either and it got worse on Sunday. Headaches, nausea, fevers, dizziness, swollen lymph nodes, body aches covering 95% of my body. And I worked hard all summer to get where I was before Friday. I was almost fully fit and felt like I could make it. Then this happened. That’s life I guess.  Monday my parents tried to force me to tryouts but I knew that my body could not take it. I would have collapsed within 5 minutes of running. Then the guilt sunk in when my dad accused me of giving up and not caring. I’ve always told myself never to give up and right then I felt like I was giving up. Anyways I did end up going to the doctor Monday night and had blood drawn for different tests. The doctor said it might just me that I have a really weak immune system and caught a virus which brought back the mono symptoms. Another possibility is anemia. I was also test for a few other things including autoimmune diseases just to be safe. I’m pretty devastated right now to say the least. Of all the times this could happen. I honestly just want to feel better at this point. One of the things that scare me is the amount of weight I’ve lost in the past 5 days. I’ve lost 7 pounds in 5 days. Right now I think figuring out my health and school, which starts in less than 2 weeks, is more important than playing soccer. That’s pretty tough for me to say. As far as playing soccer it’s still a possibility I just am not sure they want me. I’m sure not giving up at all though. I could be happy if I was given a team manager spot on JV2 at this point. It’s still being involved with the game I love. I thought you were supposed to be rewarded for hard work. It still hurts to talk about this right now. I don’t know if anything I just wrote made any sense to anybody but I need to figure out what’s going on health wise, hopefully it’s a virus I’ll get over soon! Then hopefully I can get back to the game of soccer. I'll update soon in more detail. I haven’t given up yet people! I will play soccer by the end of this year. No matter what it takes. I believe I will! Something was taken away from me and now I just have to fight to get it back. I need some rest first. I haven’t slept in 36 hours…      

-      Never give up.        

No comments:

Post a Comment