Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Soccermen (and an update on my Dad)

Make a Pledge NOW! The Soccermen is a film by Matthew Conrad that needs funding! It will not be funded unless it raises $35,000 by April 2nd. It currently has $34,235 pledged, 97 % funded with 10 days left!

GO HERE TO MAKE YOUR PLEDGE: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2028948731/the-soccermen

Also go to their website to check out the trailer for the documentary: http://www.thesoccermen.com/


 Update on my Dad: As some of you know my dad had a heart attack last Friday and had to have open heart surgery. The surgery went very well and they were able to repair his heart but he was in a lot of pair and on at least 27 different medications and on a ventilator in intensive care until yesterday, Wednesday. Today he is up and walking around and fully communicating and should be coming home tomorrow!!!!!! I'd like to thank everyone, especially the soccer community for thinking and praying for my dad and family, it helped a LOT! :).

We've also had to deal with a lot of other tough things in our family in the past week. On Sunday while jumping on a trampoline with my friends I injured my knee. In midair I felt my knee dislocating and also heard a loud pop, then fell to the ground. I was able to get up after a few minutes but soon after my left knee began to swell up and hurt. My first thought was a ligament injury but then I remember a therapist told me that I had a slightly torn meniscus from years of playing soccer. The swelling has gone away, but not the pain. I have an appointment with an orthopedist next Wednesday at Children's Legacy Emanuel hospital in Portland to get my knee and also my back (yes, there’s back pain too!) checked out. Until then I am just very glad my Dads going to be okay and home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment